Monday, March 26, 2012

SD cards compatibility.


I recently bought a Nikon d3100 dslr camera that uses sd cards. I needed to know which sd cards I needed because this camera does video as well as stills. I thought this info would be helpful to my readers because not all card reading devices would work and I'm glad to know that before I upgrade any cards or readers because of a sale price! I also looked in my camera manual and learned I can use all three types. I went to Nikon on line to get this factory manual. Learning should never stop!

I found this great information online about sd cards at https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/compatibility/

Understanding Backwards Compatibility
·    SDXC memory cards must only be used with SDXC devices.
·    SDXC devices can use SD memory cards, SDHC memory cards and SDXC memory cards.
·    SDHC memory cards can be used with SDHC memory cards and SDXC devices.
·    SDHC devices can use both SD memory cards and SDHC memory cards.
·    SD devices can only use SD memory cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment