Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ahoy there Hoya Flower!

I'm so glad it's Spring! This Hoya plant put out a gorgeous ball of little blooms. I of course with my new closeup lens had to try to capture the pretty little bouquet for all to see. My roses have bloomed all winter and the hibiscus as well have contributed to our tropical paradise here at Laguna Shore Village RV park!
Check out the pictures of the rare sighting of a pair of flamingos a few days ago. The wax plant or porcelain flower, Hoya carnosa, is an attractive ornamental plant, native to Eastern Asia and Australia.
The Hoya’s unique appearance and heavily fragrant blossoms make it a popular indoor plant.
The flowers are semi-glossy with a fuzzy sheen due to tiny hairs on their surface, and are borne in clusters of up to 30 flowers. Each individual flower is about 0.6 inches (1.5 cm) in diameter.
The plant is a climber and is easily propagated from cuttings.

2 comments:

  1. that is a stunning closeup of the flower - your new lense works great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I had fun showing the fuzzy surface!

    ReplyDelete