Monday, June 22, 2009

Seize the Day!


Today was a sweet and sour day. I went to a funeral of a friend's father. He had been sick and out of circulation for a long time. Not a lot of people went to his funeral. I was so glad I went for my friend's sake. She hugged me and acknowledged that we are old friends. I was sad for her and sad for me. My parents are ageing and I hope they have a long time to go. I hope they have lots of people that appreciate that they have always treated people good and followed a high moral road. Life comes to an end and we stand or fall by our efforts to do the right thing. I've heard it compared to the dash between when we were born and died. After the funeral I came back to my office and my friends and live is good. The sun is shining and we are enjoying happy times. We are able to enjoy the coastal climate we inhabit with out a care. I hope the occasional funeral leaves us with thoughts as to how we leave this world hopefully better for our having been here.Here is a picture of Laurence and his friend Steve with last weeks catch.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment