Thursday, June 24, 2010

Padre Island National Seashore

Today started off great and got better! My parents went with me to see one occurance of the Kemps Ridley Sea Turtle hatchlings being released! The sea weed was parted to make an easy pass to the water! At the Ranger's knees are all the little critters warming in the rising sun!












The volunteers and the Padre Island National Seashore employees brought some of the little turtles around to all of us assembled. We got to take close up pics and see just how small and perfectly designed they are! Some of the volunteers had bamboo poles with streamers on top to ward off any curious sea gulls. Sea gulls love to dine on baby turtles. The sky was so pretty! There were rain clouds with the sun peeking through and around to make me so happy I live here! The pelicans were passing high overhead and I wondered how many were from Louisiana!


Mom and Dad are always up for an adventure and especially like to go to the beach! I told them about the release scheduled for this morning and they went yesterday to scout out where it was and how to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment